Join The Team
- We are currently hiring for our shops in Courchevel and Meribel. Please have a read through the job description below and if you feel that you fit the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
- Assisting customers with information on our range of products and providing a consultation style, customer focused, sales process to help customers make informed choices.
- Creating a relaxed and informal environment within the shop so that customers feel welcome and at ease. Often this involves playing good music, showing inspirational ski films and being friendly, chatty and approachable to each and every customer.
- Maintaining the shop, keeping it clean, tidy and inviting. Displaying the products in an eye-catching way, especially the window displays.
- Ensuring that we have sufficient stock on display. Working with management to organise re-orders where necessary. Using our stock management software to help with this process.
- Handling cash and processing credit card sales. Using our POS till system to process all sales and prepare receipts.
- Performing daily reconciliation of all sales, splitting payment types and promptly recording all cash sales. Our financial and stock management and reporting must be accurate at all times.
- Opening and closing the shop on time and in order to meet customer needs.
- Carrying out full assessments on clients looking to purchase new boots and clients who require alterations to their existing boots. Analysing client’s’ feet, physiology and skiing style as part of this assessment.
- Continually explaining the process to the client, involving them in the assessment, so that they understand the sensations and requirements of a good fit. Helping the client to understand what we are doing is a central part of our philosophy.
- Making an informed selection of the appropriate boot for the customer based on the assessment process. Sound technical knowledge of our range of boots is essential – you’ll be expected to do your homework on this!
- Making and adjusting footbeds to ensure good foot position in the boot.
- Using our boot press, grinder and various adjusting equipment to modify boots.
- Fitting and adjusting rental and demo equipment to the client’s needs.
- Helping advise on a good ski choice, listening to the clients skiing goals and considering the conditions.
- Maintain the demo and rental equipment with regular servicing.
- Help to create and post content on social media.
- Assist with the creation of weekly blogs, video reports and website content
- Promote The Boot Lab in resort by distributing promotional material, liaising with other local businesses and getting to know lots of people in resort. Word of mouth marketing is vital!
- Assist in the organisation and running of various events in resort during the season.
- Perform all tasks within the guidelines of The Boot Lab’s marketing strategy.
- Experience of working in the retail or customer service industry
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to new challenges and learn new skills
- Ability to contribute to a small team, sharing ideas and opinions and willing to adapt to various tasks
- A strong understanding of good customer service and a desire to exceed expectations
- Passion for snowsports and the mountain environment
- Hardworking and able to act upon own initiative
- Knowledge of the snowsports industry
- Knowledge and understanding of French, both oral and written
- Previous experience of working a winter season
- Previous experience of ski servicing
- Sales and marketing knowledge and experience
- Podiatry qualifications and experience
To apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV along with a covering letter which outlines your suitability for the role and how you fit the person specification below.
<Feel free to get in touch if you have any queries.
Team Member Job Description
At The Boot Lab we are passionate about snowsports and living in the mountains. Our brand is built upon getting the service we’d want from a ski equipment retailer: knowledge and experience combined with great customer service.
We specialise in fitting customers with the perfect ski boot so they can get the most out of their skiing. We have built an excellent reputation for providing a friendly, customer-focused experience, and have many repeat customers as well as a huge number of clients who have been recommended to visit by friends or family.
It’s vital that we maintain this reputation so we’re looking for dedicated and professional team members who share our passion, knowledge and experience for snowsports and the mountain lifestyle. If you have experience in snowsports retail then we’d love to hear from you, however if you don’t have much experience but feel you’d be up for the challenge then don’t let that put you off!
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Working in the shop
Boot Fitting and Boot Work
We will provide training at the start of the season and continually throughout the season so that you become familiar and competent with carrying out assessments, boot fits and adjustments. You will be working alongside a trained boot fitter at nearly all times, so will not be expected to carry out this work as part of your role from the start of the season. This area of work includes:
Demo skis and Rental Service
Sales and Marketing
Contract and hours
This is a full time position, based upon 40 hours per week. Shift work on a rota basis from Sunday through Saturday, with 1 full day off per week. The position is based in either the Courchevel or Meribel store. There will be plenty of opportunity for getting out on the hill.
You will receive either a Courchevel or a Meribel valley lift pass valid for the season.
We provide all staff with carte neige insurance for the season which covers skiing/boarding on and off piste.
There will be plenty of opportunities to test our range of products, particularly skis, so that you can experience what we sell to the customers for yourself. Detailed product knowledge is an essential foundation block in providing good customer service (and testing fat skis on powder days is a lot of fun!).
As well as the use of our equipment free of charge you can also buy clothing, skis and accessories at cost, subject to availability.
To apply for the role please email email@example.com. Please include your CV along with a covering letter which outlines your suitability for the role and how you fit the person specification above. Feel free to get in touch if you have any queries prior to applying.